Well I’m almost finished. I have the game running outside a development environment, it saves and loads on starting and quitting and each item has it’s own timer for updating.
Things left to do:
- Make the buttons actually do something
- Test if input is behaving properly (already a couple of issues)
- Get an icon
- Remove placeholder images
- Expand size of game so the buttons don’t take up room
- Balance game, tweak numbers for intended pacing times
I was hoping to post a little more frequently with smaller updates but I have this project spread out through three computers. So the images I do save tend to lose relevance as soon as a switch computers.
Anyways, I’ve got a template button in place now. You can’t see it in the image but when you click on a button it changes colours; in the final version it’ll hopefully just look like it’s being pressed.
Since I’m making a throttling game (or a game that forces you to pace yourself) it’s pretty crucial that I have some kinda of saving system so I started working on that. It’s almost finished actually, I just need to “hook” everything together.